<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

Guy Davis - Be Ready When I Call You

 Guy Davis - Be Ready When I Call You
Release: (June 18)

Continental Record Services

M.C. Records is proud to announce the release of Be Ready When I Call You by The Ambassador of the Blues, Guy Davis on June 4th. The 13 track release marks a creative high watermark for Guy. For the first time in over a dozen-album career, he wrote nearly everything on the disc, Howlin’ Wolf’s classic “Spoonful” being the sole exception. The first single/video from the record will be “God’s Gonna’ Make Things Over” which revisits a shameful corner in American history, the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921 from May 31-June 1, 1921.

Guy describes the music on Be Ready When I Call You, “I call it Americana, but I slip a little world music in there too,” he says. “When you’re trying to create beautiful music, you don’t think too much about categories.” Guy Davis' previous release for the label was the 2017 Grammy-nominated record with Fabrizio Poggi, Sonny & Brownie's Last Train. Be Ready When I Call You‑ marks the fourth record that Guy and M.C. Records have released together and will be availlable in Europe in July

Tracklist: 1.Badonkadonk 03:07 2.Got Your Letter In My Pocket 3.God's Gonna Make Things Over 04:48 4.Be Ready When I Call You 05:12 5.Flint River Blues 6.Palestine Oh Palestine 7.I Got a Job In The City 8.I've Looked Around 9.Spoonful 03:43 10.200 Days 11.i Thought I Heard The Devil Call My Name 12.Every Now And Then 13.Welcome To My World

Geen opmerkingen: