<script> <style> ". ". ".

•Uitgelicht

Jovin Webb keert terug met Son of a Sinner .

Release: Alastair Greene - Trouble At Your Door (Deluxe Edition)

Artiest/Band: Alastair Greene

  • New Album:Trouble At Your Door.
  • Release: 13 November2026
  • Label: Ruf records
  • Format: LP/CD/ Digital
  • Genre: Blues/Bluesrock

Alastair Greene revisits a defining chapter in his recording career with the deluxe edition of TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR on Ruf Records. Originally released in 2014, the album remains one of Greene’s personal favorites and returns with a more organic sound and renewed energy.

 

• ALASTAIR GREENE ANNOUNCES TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR DELUXE EDITION, REMASTERED WITH BONUS TRACKS, OUT NOVEMBER 13 ON RUF RECORDS; FIRST SINGLE “PEOPLE” AVAILABLE NOW

Alastair Greene revisits a defining chapter in his recording career with the deluxe edition of TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR on Ruf Records. Originally released in 2014, the album remains one of Greene’s personal favorites and returns with a more organic sound and renewed energy. Remastered by Sean McCue, who recorded and engineered the album at Coyote Road Studios in Santa Barbara, the deluxe edition brings the sound closer to Greene’s original vision and features two previously unreleased recordings from the original sessions: an acoustic version of “Drunk Again” and a version of “3 Bullets” featuring Erik Norlander on Hammond organ. The expanded edition offers longtime fans a new way to experience the record and introduces new listeners to its energy and feeling.



First single, “People,” ▼introduces the deluxe edition with a Rory Gallagher-inspired slide guitar riff and a message of encouragement. Greene explains, “The song ‘People’ is one of my favorite songs that I’ve written, and definitely one of the highlights from the album ‘Trouble at Your Door’. It started with a slide guitar riff that was inspired by the late great Rory Gallagher. It turned into a song about trying to encourage people to try to stay positive despite how difficult life can get.”

Reflecting on the album’s original sessions and its return in this deluxe edition, Greene shares this personal note:

This is the Deluxe Edition of my 2014 record TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR, originally released on Delta Groove / Eclecto Groove Productions with the late Randy Chortkoff as Executive Producer. Randy gave me my first record deal by one of the (at the time) “real deal blues record labels”. Sadly, Randy is no longer with us, and neither is Delta Groove. Thank you, Randy… I’ll never forget the break you gave me. I am thrilled that Ruf Records is releasing this remastered version with bonus tracks!

Working with Ruf Records on my latest studio record (STANDING OUT LOUD 2024) and a live EP (LIVE IN SIN CITY 2025) has been a dream come true. I was elated when Thomas Ruf told me he wanted to re-release TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR!

As I look back at the records I’ve put out (7 studio, 4 live, and 1 compilation) TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR is most definitely a contender for my favorite record I’ve ever made. It feels incredibly focused and full of energy and feeling.

I had always felt this record needed to be remastered. I wanted to get back to what the original mixes sounded like, which was much more organic. It sounded good before, but I LOVE how this record sounds now. The remastering was done by Sean McCue who also recorded and engineered the record at his Coyote Road Studios in Santa Barbara, CA in 2013. We had a great time making this record and I’m still so proud of the results. Austin Beede (drums) and Jim Rankin (bass) played great, and we had my buddy Erik Norlander play some organ on a couple of songs.

For the Deluxe Edition we’ve included an acoustic version of my song “Drunk Again” and a version of my song “3 Bullets” that were recorded during the TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR sessions. “Drunk Again” first appeared on my record WALKING IN CIRCLES from 2009.

“3 Bullets” originally appeared on my 2002 debut record A LITTLE WISER and again on LIVE FROM THE 805. This version is a cross between those versions with Erik Norlander appearing on Hammond organ.

The original photos used for this record were taken by my friend David Cowan outside his office in downtown Santa Barbara, CA. You may be able to find original copies out there to see for yourself. If you’re new to this record, I hope you enjoy it! If you’re revisiting it, I hope you enjoy listening to how I originally wanted it to sound.

TRACK LIST CD

01 People

02 Trouble At Your Door

03 Back Where I Belong

04 Red Wine Woman

05 First Born Son

06 Love You So Bad

07 Last Train Around The Sun

08 Calling For You

09 Make The Devil’s Day

10 Strange Feeling

11 Pretty Price To Pay

12 The Sweetest Honey

 Bonus Tracks:

13 Drunk Again (2014 Acoustic Version)

14 3 Bullets (2014 Studio Version)

 Band:

  • Alastair Greene – Guitar & Vocals
  • Jim Rankin – Bass & Harmony Vocals
  • Austin Beede – Drums

 Guests:

  • Erik Norlander – Hammond Organ on “First Born Son”, “Calling For You”, and “3 Bullets”
  • Sean McCue – Harmony Vocal on “Make The Devil’s Day”

 Pre-order TROUBLE AT YOUR DOOR — Deluxe Edition:

https://save-it.cc/ruf-records/trouble-at-your-door-deluxe-edition

 Pre-save the first single, “People”: https://save-it.cc/ruf-records/people

 

For More Information: Amy Brat | BratGirlmedia | brat@bratgirlmedia.com

TOP

Geen opmerkingen: