<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

Release: New single Jump Off the Earth by Mickelson

  • New single Jump Off the Earth by Mickelson
  •  The single will be released on June 16, 2023

About SONG

As I approach the release of my tenth full-length record and my 60th birthday, I reflect on my life as an artist and the time I have left to continue being one.......

. I've gotten to the point where I will not let anyone or anything slow me down or interfere with the momentum I've built. In “Jump Off the Earth”, I say there's no time to waste. We must let go of the negative things we face and move beyond them. Or try at least - ha!

I'd been searching for a new upbeat song to write on the banjo. The chorus riff was around for a couple of years then when I experienced an unpleasant incident in my personal life, I felt that I was wasting precious time ruminating over it. The lyric “Every minute is a minute gone.” came to mind and the rest of the song fell into place.

I wrote and demoed the song in my studio in the Bay Area. When we toured the UK last February, we went into Earthworm Studios in Swindon, England which is owned by my keyboardist Jon Buckett. We had the opportunity to record the drums with our drummer Lee Moulding. This was the first time the three of us had ever worked together in the studio. In our previous single “Only Grey Matter Boiling In My Head”, everything was done remotely as we live on different sides of the ocean. Jon Buckett then sent me keyboard parts. I finished tracking and mixing in my studio.

Credits:

  • Scott Mickelson - vocals, banjo, guitar, bass
  • Jon Buckett - keys
  • Lee Moulding - drums
  • Written/Engineered/Produced by Mickelson
  • Mastered by Bob Weston - Chicago Mastering

 

UK Tour Dates

  • JUN 24 SAT | The Hop Inn | Swindon, United Kingdom
  • JUN 25 SUN | Schtumm Box | Box, United Kingdom
  • JUN 28 WED | Café René  | Gloucester, United Kingdom
  • JUN 29 THU | The Harrison Gastro Pub & Hotel | London, United Kingdom
  • JUN 30 FRI | The Winchester Gate | Salisbury, United Kingdom
  • JUL 1 SAT | Minety Music Festival 2023 | Minety, United Kingdom
  • JUL 2 SUN | Three Horseshoes | Bradford-on-avon, United Kingdom
  • JUL 3 MON | The Bell Inn | Bath, United Kingdom
  • JUL 7 FRI | The Workman's Club | Dublin, Ireland
  • JUL 8 SAT | The Golden Lion | Bristol, United Kingdom


EU Tour dates

  • SEP 8 FRI | Stadsherberg Helsdeur | Den Helder, Netherlands
  • SEP 9 SAT | Schoolhuis | Rijnsaterwoude, Netherlands
  • SEP 10 SUN | Cafe de Taverne  | Bergen, Netherlands
  • SEP 13 WED | Bonnefooi | Brussels, Belgium
  • SEP 15 FRI | Muziekcafé Scooters | Leeuwarden, Netherlands
  • SEP 16 SAT | Cactus Cafe | Hengelo, Netherlands
  • SEP 17 SUN | Zum G'Leut | Thiersheim, Germany
  • SEP 19 TUE | MusicClub Schmölln  | Schmölln, Germany
  • SEP 21 THU | Hafenbar Tegel  | Berlin, Germany
  • SEP 22 FRI | Tankbar Nr.1 Biker Bar | Leipzig, Germany
  •  

Geen opmerkingen: