<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

Release: The Morr - Now's As Good A Time As Any

Artist: The MORR

Titel: Now's As Good A Time As Any
Genre: (Southern) Rock

Label: Independent / Eigen Beheer
Promotion: Sjerruf Music Support

THE MORR
Vocals: Jan Hoving
Guitars: Carlo Gentenaar
Drums: Mart Nijen Es
Bass: Sem Kristoffel
Keys: Menno Nijen Es

Here's the new album 'Now's As Good A Time As Any' including brand new single 'Heartstrings'.

Always moving forward exploring new musical horizons. That's how you could describe the journey of Jan Hoving, lead singer of the new Dutch rock band The Morr (The Ministry of Rock & Roll). “When the adventure with Adje VandenBerg’s MoonKings came to an end, I instantly knew I had to move on and what my next step should be. I had to add another chapter to my story.” That chapter begins with a new studio album ‘Now's As Good A Time As Any’, recorded at the famous Wisseloord Studio’s in Hilversum and released independently.

The MORR (The Ministry of Rock & Roll)
Always moving forward exploring new musical horizons. That's how you could describe the journey of Jan Hoving, lead singer of the new Dutch rock band The Morr (The Ministry of Rock & Roll). “When the adventure with Adje VandenBerg’s MoonKings came to an end, I instantly knew I had to move on and what my next step should be. I had to add another chapter to my story.” That chapter begins with a new studio album ‘Now's as good a time as any’, recorded at the famous Wisseloord Studio’s in Hilversum and released independently.


Jan Hoving's took his first steps in music at a young age, playing the organ and joining the local the fanfare. “Reading sheet music was easy for me as a child, but the organ and the brass band were actually quit boring. My parents mainly listened to classical music, but they also had
one record of The Everly Brothers. That record was my favorite one. I memorized the lyrics and sometimes I would perform the songs while dancing on the table. My first experience as a performing artist came at the age of sixteen. A local band needed a lead singer and invited me
to do a live show. That's how it started. Performing in barns and at parties. Just cover versions of hit songs.” Inspired by Rod Stewart and bands like Deep Purple, Faces and Led Zeppelin, the road trip takes Jan to the symphonic rock of Bagheera's, followed by the more classic rock of Stonefly and finally the power rock of MoonKings, the band formed by world famous guitarist Adrian Vandenberg (Whitesnake, Vandenberg). Jan brings all these experiences into his new band The Morr. Together with guitarist/songwriter and his musical companion Carlo Gentenaar, Jan has arrived where he thinks he should be. Not that he mapped out this musical route through preconceived career planning. On the contrary.


“MoonKings was the best thing I had done so far. But when that stopped, I didn't feel like I was ready yet. I also immediately knew what I still wanted to do. Because I felt that we had not finished the Stonefly story on a high note. There were still enough songs from that period
that I still wanted to work on and record. So when MoonKings stopped, I called Carlo right away. This was the right time to really do my own thing.”

Tracklist
1. Marbles
2. I Ain't Feeling It
3. Heartstrings
4. Jane
5. Maybe In The Morning
6. Scars
7. Nickels and Dimes
8. Turn Every Stone
9. Kick Like A Mule
10. Hanging On To You
11. I Know Better
12. It's All Over

Social Platforms: 
instagram.com/themorrofficial
facebook.com/themorrofficial

Geen opmerkingen: