<script> <style> ". ". ".

•Uitgelicht

Jovin Webb keert terug met Son of a Sinner .

Release: David Coller - Blue Water 18.09.2026

Artiest/Band: David Coller

  • New Track  
  • New Album: Blue Water
  • Release:
  • Label: Upstart Yankee Recods
  • Format:September 18 2026 LP/CD/ Digital
  • Genre: Americana/Singer-Songwriter/Folk

David and Diane have been making music and a life together for 15 years and are overjoyed to be performing regularly again.

 

Blue Water, his second album release this year, following the acclaimed When Summer Comes (April 2026), by Connecticut-based folk-Americana singer-songwriter David Coller, which is scheduled for release on September 18 2026 on Upstart Yankee Records.

“I’ve been sailing since the age of nine, so it is not surprising to anyone who knows me that maritime music holds a special place in my heart, both as a performer and as a writer. Looking back at the songs I have written over the years, I’d say about a third of them are in some way related to the wet stuff, whether salt or fresh.  On this album I’ve tried to collect the best of them, and I’ve written a few new ones just for this album – ‘Just Another Day’, ‘Captain, My Captain’, and ‘The Rigger’s Apprentice’.

I had always thought of maritime music as something of a niche market, but somehow I found myself booked at two major maritime music festivals and the Hudson River Maritime Museum in rapid succession, which brought about some adjustment in my thinking. And the sea music community has been so welcoming, so friendly, and so supportive, the least I could do is bring my songs to them in a less-that-transient way.  Hence, this CD.

Praise for When Summer Comes

“…thirty years’ worth of songs just oozing with wisdom, many of which show up on this splendid new release.” Americana UK

Old school in all the best ways” FATEA

Coller's songs are unpretentious and wise. 

We don't want to have to wait another thirty years for his next album.” Folker

…a craftsman as sincere and meticulous as he is inspired.” Paris Move

This album also has a bittersweet feel for me personally: having owned and sailed (and worked on, oh my god have I worked on) the schooner Renegade for 21 years, I am finally putting her up for sale. I suppose doing more maritime music is in some measure an attempt to compensate for that. All the photographs on the album are ones from our ocean travels - Newfoundland, Maine, Nova Scotia - some taken by Diane, my partner in life and in music, and who sings harmony on the album, and some that I took.  I hope that together with the music they help give some sense of what a life on the sea has meant to me.

Blue Water , like my last album (When Summer Comes), was recorded by Mark Dann up in Woodstock, NY, who also played bass, and about whom I can’t say enough good things.  And again, the session musicians were fabulous - Patty Deneen on hammered dulcimer, Sara Milonovich on fiddle, Brian Mitchell on accordion, Rusty Park on pedal steel, Eric Parker on drums, I am honored to have worked with them.”

Socials David Coller

[Back to TOP]

Geen opmerkingen: