<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

New Single: DANI WILDE - Wild Women Don't Have The Blues

DANI WILDE New Single Wild Women Don't Have The Blues

VizzTone label group

British Blues Award winner Dani Wilde delivers a strong feminist message with this Ida Cox classic, featuring her brother Will Wilde on harmonica.

“Having been locked down for months, I was so excited to get back in the studio,” Wilde explained. “I wanted to record some songs by my blues idols. I chose this song by Ida Cox which was written in 1924 but is still very much relevant today. It has a strong feminist message that I really respect. I love strong women who open doors for other women, and Ida Cox was just that. She was a businesswoman who ran her own company; a troupe called Raisin' Cain, at a time where workplace restrictions made it difficult for women to find jobs outside of the home. And she was one of the few female blues singers of the time to write her own songs.”

Wilde is accompanied on the recording by session bassist Victoria Smith and her brother, renowned blues harpist Will Wilde. “I feel like Victoria and I are the Wild Women” Wilde laughed; “I love working with Vicky, we always have a great time when we are in the studio or on tour together. She’s such a great friend and so talented too!”

Geen opmerkingen: