<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

Release: Sister Lucille - Gone and Grandpa's Song

Sister Lucille roars back from lockdown with their new single, "Gone," which is being released digitally and as a limited edition red vinyl 45. 

Fresh off their BLUES BLAST MAGAZINE AWARD win for BEST NEW ARTIST DEBUT CD (Alive) ; The band returns with a newfound energy, fusing elements of swampy Blues, Rock, Soul and Gospel as only they can. Kimberly Dill's vocals hit new levels of power on the track, as she delivers an ominous warning of pre-venge. "'Gone' was written during lockdown," she notes. "I had some of the lyrics already written from what I thought were going to be two different songs.

Jamie was jamming and he started playing that riff and it was like a light bulb lit up.

Listen : https://sisterlucille.store/track/2485948/grandpa-s-song

I already had the chorus in my head, so I grabbed my phone and hit record, got about two minutes of him playing, went outside and went through one of my notebooks with lyrics, locked in the chorus right away and then found the lyrics for the verse, and boom! It was done just like that. Guitarist Jamie Holdren takes the vocal reins on the flip with the true life tale of "Grandpa's Song," which blends an Allman-esque feels into the mix. "Every word of it is true. My grandpa was the main male mentor I had growing up," he comments. "Ironically, when I first started working on 'Gone,' I was messing around with an open A to get a Hill Country blues vibe. Obviously it didn't turn out that way, but that's all right with me. 'Grandpa's Song' was originally an acoustic song. We played it that way for a long time, but with the fire our new bass player, Reed (Smith), has brought, I went back and looked at some songs I'd set aside and almost reinvented them. 'Grandpa's Song' is one of those. I rewrote it as an electric song for the full band, and with me playing a cigarbox guitar." Whether reinvented or brand new, Sister Lucille's patented Memphunk sound is nothing short of memorable.

Geen opmerkingen: