<script> <style>
HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

💿 New Single: Skylar Roger - Like Father Like Daughter

SYLAR ROGERS - LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER (SINGLE)

Label: SELF
SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
CONTEMPORARY BLUES
FROM ALBUM "FIREBREATHER" RELEASING EARLY 2021

Skylar never knew her father growing up but decided to do a little digging as an adult and not only located him, but also attempted to build a relationship with him. However, it remained very strained, and
came to a head Christmas of 2019. “I remember trying to call him, and he wouldn’t answer the phone.



He later texted me saying he was ‘in the bathroom’ and that he would call me back later.” That call never came. Angry, hurt, and fed up, Skylar decided she’d done all that she could do to maintain a nearly nonexistent relationship, and decided that it was time to let go once and for all. The next evening, she began pouring her emotions into her notebook, and by the time the tears dried, she knew “Like Father Like Daughter” said everything she needed and wanted to say to him

Musicians:
Pete Zimmer - keys
Steven J. Hill - guitar
Marty Gibson - guitar
Jerry Ewing - bass
“Disco Fuzz” Bradley Arl - drums

💿LYRICS

You ain’t taught me nothing, except how to say goodbye

And look now I can do it without the blinking of an eye

The student’s become the teacher, now the whole world will see

Like father like daughter said remember what I taught ya

Well ya taught me one thing

Chorus:

How to say bye bye, how to walk away

How to sweep it all under the rug and hope that it don’t come back to bite ya someday

How to say bye bye, how to walk away

Like father like daughter said remember what I taught ya How to turn around and walk away

You say that you’re trying to right the wrong, but I can see that nothing’s changed (ain’t nothin

changed)

And now I see that thinking about you don’t bring me nothing but pain (pain)

The student’s become the teacher, now the whole wide world will see

Like father like daughter said remember what I taught ya Well ya taught me one thing

Chorus

Bridge:

So just keep stepping, there’s nothing for you here

Just a door that’s closed and a key unforged

You’re never gonna make me cry again

Chorus/Tag:

Ya taught me how to say bye bye, how to walk away

How to sweep it all under the rug and hope I don’t come calling someday

I can say bye bye, I can walk away

Like father like daughter I remember how you taught me

So, I turned around and walked away

Yeah, I walked away

More Info:

Publicist & Radio: Betsie Brown, Blind Raccoon, betsie@blindraccoon.com


Geen opmerkingen: