<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

Release: Basia Bulat - Are You in Love? maart 2020

Basia Bulat - Are You in Love?

Release date: Friday, March 27th 2020
Acclaimed singer-songwriter Basia Bulat will release her forthcoming record 'Are You in Love?' out March 27th via Secret City Records.
Some records require a journey. Are You in Love?, Basia Bulat's extraordinary, glittering new album, required two: the Canadian singer went to the Mojave Desert and then she went away - turning inward, shaking off the shadows, looking out to dawn.
"Oh why didn't I just listen to myself in the first goddamn place," she says today. Somewhere in the middle of making her fifth album, Bulat took almost a whole year off. Because she had fallen in love, because her father died, because she had lost her sense of beauty and where it might be hidden. "The desert exposes you," she admits. "There's nowhere to hide."

Like 2016's Good AdviceAre You in Love? was made with My Morning Jacket's Jim James. I want to make a really beautiful record about compassion, she had written to him, and Joshua Tree seemed like the perfect location: the site for a quest, finding music in the dunes. She was inspired by singer-songwriters like Minnie Ripperton, Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton and Silvio Rodriguez - artists who knew (and know) how to imbue quiet songs with sensational force and boundless loving-kindness. Artists who can sing the sun down - and also bring it up.
Sing
When making this album I tried to challenge myself in ways I hadn’t before. I felt like the only way my art could grow was to open my heart to all the things I was afraid of. I wanted to write a song about one of the concepts I’ve struggled with the most since childhood, the idea of forgiveness,” Bulat says.

Tracklist:
1. Basia Bulat - Are You in Love?04:30
2. Basia Bulat - Electric Roses04:33
3. Basia Bulat - Your Girl02:46
4. Basia Bulat - Light Years03:45
5. Basia Bulat - Homesick02:43
6. Basia Bulat - Hall of Mirrors03:14
7. Basia Bulat - I Believe it Now00:47
8. Basia Bulat - No Control03:59
9. Basia Bulat - Pale Blue03:06
10. Basia Bulat - Already Forgiven03:20
11. Basia Bulat - The Last Time02:56
12. Basia Bulat - Fables03:08
13. Basia Bulat - Love is at the End of the World04:12



Live: October 2nd | Paradiso, Amsterdam



Brechtje.bergman@v2benelux.com | 
For more information: http://v2benelux.com/

Geen opmerkingen: