<script> <style>

HBF(Holland Blues Festival Grolloo - 13/14/15 Juni 2024  Crossroads Festival Bonn(BRD) Ledffoot - 10/05/2024 - Olst • Bluespeer 17 18 19 MEI '24 • NOT THE ROLLING STONES (UK) - zondag 26 mei 2024 Heino • Jam-Session Heino 21 April/12 Mei 2024 • THE MUDD FOOTE (USA) | zaterdag 14 september Heino • Bluesfestival Hoogeveen Zatredag 14 september• SUGARIFF, funky rockband uit Arnhem | zaterdag 09 november Heino •

DELBERT MCCLINTON - IF I HOCK MY GUITAR


delbert

DELBERT MCCLINTON - IF I HOCK MY GUITAR (SINGLE)
LABEL: HOT SHOT RECORDS
SINGLE RELEASE DATE: MAY 17, 2019
DISTRIBUTION: THIRTY TIGERS 


From forthcoming album “Tall, Dark, & Handsome”
releasing July 26, 2019




BIOGRAPHY
Highlights:
· Delbert McClinton is a 5x Grammy Award Nominee & 3x Grammy Award Winner· Four of his albums have hit #1 on US Blues Charts; Acquired Taste (2009), Cost of Living(2005), Room to Breathe (2002), and Nothing Personal (2001)· McClinton’s songs have been recorded by Emmylou Harris, Etta James, Vince Gill, George
Strait, Martina McBride, and Wynonna Judd
· McClinton has toured and collaborated with acts including The Beatles, Tom Petty,
Bonnie Raitt, Mavis Staples, B.B. King, Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Freddie
King, Albert Collins, John Prine, Bo Diddley, Tanya Tucker, T Bone Burnett, and more.
· Inducted into the Texas Heritage Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2011, as well as nominated
for Texas State Musician, a highly acclaimed state appointment akin to Poet Laureate
· His 2017 biography, “Delbert McClinton: One of the Fortunate Few” received critical
acclaim including coverage from Rolling Stone, Billboard, Texas Monthly, Elmore
Magazine,
https://www.delbert.com/bio





Blues Publicist & Radio: Betsie Brown, Blind Raccoon, betsie@blindraccoon.com



LYRICS"If I Hock My Guitar"
I came up from Mississippi with a guitar full of songs
Thought I was really something maybe I was wrong
Got to make some money, got to pay my dues
Cause if I hock my guitar how the hell am I supposed to play blues
Filled out an application for sweeping up the streets
They said I didn't qualify I couldn't disagree
I've got to find something, something I can use
If I hock my guitar how the hell am I supposed to play the blues
I can do without the honey or the sugar for my tea
These days I can do without a lot of things
My shark skin suit and my Stacy Adams shoes
All I really want to do is play my blues
I had my last can of tuna with some cold green beans
Not all that appetizing but a man's got to eat
Up against the wall with nothing left to lose
If I hock my guitar how the hell am I supposed play the blues
 

Geen opmerkingen: